The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, May 15, 2009

Two Game 7 Showdowns: Whose in more Trouble?

Finally Finals are over and they kicked my ass which isnt surprising because it was a hell of a semester. Although its over now so I can just sit here at write on the blog. I hope to get a Twitter for Chuck's Corner, my own domain name, and become a fan on Facebook in the near future. Now on to sports...

The big question right now in what home team is in danger of losing a game seven at home on Sunday. The Boston Celtics turned the ball over more than most receration teams on a Wauwatosa Wednesday night as they lost 85-77 to the Orlando Magic with a 20-20 game from Dwight Howard. Then the Los Angeles Lakers laid a complete egg once again as they fall on the road to the pesky Houston Rockets 95-80. I think the team that is in more trouble is the Los Angeles Lakers, somewhere David Stern is planning on jumping off a buliding.

The reason why the Celtics are not in trouble? Stan Van Gundy. I dont think that SVG can keep it together in a pivotal Game 7. Van Gundy has no idea it seems at sometimes what he is doing at most parts of the game. He still isnt playing Mickael Pietrus enough who has been a huge part of the offense in this series. Hedo Turkoglu I still dont believe shows up in big games and makes awful moves down the stretch. For example that step-back three he took last night was an awful idea yet it looked great because he nailed a complete dagger. The other big thing is I still dont believe in Dwight Howard because he doesnt believe that SVG will give him the ball enough and will not give him his proper touches. I think Boston wins handily.

Then again if you look at my prior articles I completely buried the Houston Rockets. I didnt realize how good Aaron Brooks was and didnt think about Andrew Bynum's inability to score on the offense end really neutralizes Yao Ming's absence. I just have no idea how the Lakers can win by forty points in the Game 5 and then just lay down in Houston twice. I am expecting that Kobe Bryant will take over and try to win this game himself because I know damn well that he is pissed off at the performance of his teammates. The other thing is Brooks is a young point guard and that usually doesnt turn out with the best results in big games. I also feel that Luis Scola will be able to beat up Pau Gasol who has look softer than Charmin paper towel in this series so far. The other big thing with the Lakers is the Nuggets are waiting for them and they are just as physical as the Rockets if they do win. I will take the Lakers but its going to be a close game.

-Charlie.

No comments: