The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Missed a Good One Tonight.

I have to be honest with you all.... I missed the LeBron James buzzer-beater. I went to an outdoor event with some friends because when I left the house the game was in the 9-12 range and I had believed that Cleveland had the upper hand. I get a text from Mach saying "I have a man crush on Hedo Turkoglu." I figure something must have happened or its very close. I ask him the score and tells me "LeBron hit a game-winning three with a second left to win the game." My original thought is well I know what ESPN is talking about all day tomorrow and the second thought is I missed a great NBA playoff game.

Personally that hasnt happened alot to me this year as I really only missed the game 5 game between the Bulls-Celtics but other than that, I have caught every good game on the playoffs. But I mean can you blame me? It was Friday night and I had plans to go out around 930 so why waste another hour and half watching basketball? I really cannot be at fault here for missing LeBron buzzer beater which would have pissed me off but there are some things we should take away from it.

1. LeBron's team blew a twenty-three point lead. What happened to the world-beaters in rounds 1 and 2? Does it show that they havent played anyone yet and sort of a "paper tiger" team on the defense end. I think both of those things are true and maybe they havent took that next step like everyone thought they did already. If I am a Cleveland fan tonight, I personally am scared of what could happen in the next couple of games. This Cavalier team had shown the ability to blow teams out and had to the chance for this one to be over before the fourth. As I said a couple nights before, someone else needs to step up on this team for them to be successful not just pulling them out real late.

2. Orlando is the real deal. I think nobody can be surprised anymore if the Magic win the series. I hate Stan Van Gundy but he has done a great job so far in the first two games minus the big shot he allowed Bron to take tonight. In no possible way should you have let LBJ get a chance at a three, just surrender the two and go to OT, you had the momentum. I think I like Orlando's chances even more after the game.

3. Please dont over hype this sports media. Yes the game's best player hit the biggest shot of his life and the questions of being clutch were somewhat answered tonight although I still have a big problem letting a twenty-three point lead slip. This isnt even close to Larry Bird's steal or Jordan over Ehlo because both of those won the series for the team. Now if Cleveland goes on to win four straight games then I might be willing to say its in the top five and it propelled the Cavs the rest of the series. Until that happens, dont over hype wait and see what the outcome of the shot is.

-Charlie.

No comments: