The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, May 25, 2009

Game 3 Thoughts

Well both game threes have past and I have a few thoughts about both series that I feel need to be shared. So here we go and I think both game fours as always is very critical.

In the Western Conference, the Denver Nuggets folded once again in the fourth quarter which is starting to become a trend that should make a lot of Nuggets fans sweating. In game three, it was the exact same thing that dooms the Nuggets in game one with a bad inbound pass with under a minute leading to a turnover that decided the game. This time it was Kenyon Martin failing to get the ball to Carmelo Anthony and Derek Fisher stole the ball. As we always say here at Chuck's Corner, rut-roh George Karl. Once again, Karl mismanaged the fourth quarter leading to demise of Denver and that cannot happen if this team expects to get out of this Western Conference Final. Lets not forgot also they had an 8 point lead at home going into the fourth to begin with in game three.

In the Eastern Conference, after the media decided to over hype "The Shot" more than anything I have seen in sports since the Brett Favre Crisis last summer. LeBron James had fourty-one points but only made 11 shots with 18 free-throws although missed five in the fourth quarter. Also the bench of the Cavs only had ten points plus no one inside has done jack shit for Cleveland. First off all, LeBron getting to line twenty-four times was absolutely ridiculous and even though I am not a fan of him, I praise Stan Van Gundy for saying "Every time he moves, its a foul" going in the fourth quarter. Like I said in my intial preview, the front lines of each teams would be the X-Factor and then mentioned how someone else needed to step up for Cleveland, none of those things are happening. I think its possible this could even in five but I have changed my mind seeing Orlando in six.

Cant wait to see what happens next.

-Charlie.

No comments: