The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Favre Does the Right Thing... For Now

Today, Brett Favre told the Minnesota Vikings "Thanks, but no thanks." As he decided to stay retired and enjoy living the dream in Mississippi instead of being the starting quarterback of the Vikings.

Now I am fairly convinced that Favre will stay retired because he said the reason he did was for his family and I am glad that Favre took that into consideration. He is the one athlete that has probably put his family through more hell than anyone else.

Also I am not sorry for what I said about Favre earlier. I would have hated the man if he were to join the Vikings and granted the rumors are the Vikings formulated this story, Favre still loves the attention. Now if the Vikings conjured up this story to put themselves in the headlines then thats absolutely shameless and when this story first came up I believe it was 90-10 Favre to the Vikes. Now I feel that its 50-50 at most with Minnesota and maybe less.

I hope that Brett enjoys retirement and I cannot wait to see him in Canton.

-Charlie.

No comments: