The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thanks Bulls-Celtics

I have only wrote one article about this series after Ray "Jesus Shuttlesworth" Allen performance in game two and with the upcoming finals season I have had little time to write but I really could have wrote articles for 6 out of the 7 games.

I remember watching Game 1, a bit hungover on a Saturday afternoon trying to remember the night before and Derrick Rose's performance all caught our eyes although none of us thought that this series would be in the "epic category". This series had absolutely everything that someone who enjoys basketball would want.

Rajon Rondo was being protected by David Stern, dont get me wrong but Rondo needed to be protected because he was one of the key cogs in making this series what it was. Marc Stein of ESPN on the BS Report in his opinion thinks Rondo has a better chance of ending a year with a triple-double. Which people dismissed when I brought up in conversation but its not like he needs "LeBron" numbers of 34-12-13, Rondo could easily go out and have 13-12-10.

The other main factor of what made the Bulls-Celtics great was my remembrance of how clutch Ray Allen really is. Last postseason he struggled mightily in the playoffs, but this year brought back so many memories of him raining clutch threes in Milwaukee. Then in game six, Allen carried the team on his back with 51 points and did almost everything to win the series in six. Now every time he shoots my buddy Tim and I yell JESUS!

One of my favorite aspects of the series was how everyone remembered how much they hated Joakim Noah or Brad Miller. The Bulls are never going to be a team I like because they are from Chicago and Noah-Miller. Granted, Noah's dunk over Paul Pierce was one of the sickest dunks I had seen all playoffs. Also he is still a complete punk and an asshole. After game six, he will was celebrating like Noah had won the NBA Finals and he was the GD reason. Miller is the biggest piece of white trash I have seen on the basketball court. Usually I cheer for the white guy but no way am I ever cheering for a guy like Miller.

I will probably do another article about him but Brian Scalabrine you are my idol. You are keeping us big white guys relevant. I have said it before and will say it on the blog, if Scalabrine wins a game for the Celtics, I will drink heavily.

Once again, thank you Bulls-Celtics.

-Charlie.

No comments: