The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tim Floyd is in Trouble.

I beat up on Tim Floyd earlier on in April for "supposedly" taking the Arizona job then decided to come back to USC. Now I wonder if he wishes he took the job because the O.J. Mayo story will not die, its comparable to the zombies that Doz and I slayed all week so far.

The recent story that came out earlier this week was that Tim Floyd gave $1000 dollars to one of OJ Mayo's handlers to basically convince Mayo to go play for USC. Now I have always said the NCAA needs to finally come down hard on the Trojans. Although I think we all have learned that USC seems to be the untouchable team when it comes to avoiding NCAA violations.

The Trojans had the whole Reggie Bush situation that still has some legs but really I dont think is going anywhere while the basketball case I think might go somewhere. The reason why is the coach was directly involved with the situation. Pete Carroll had nothing to do with Bush's sports agency and it wasnt like he tried to make it happen for Bush. The only thing you can blame Carroll is for being too loose and letting things slip under his nose.

Tim Floyd on the other hand has been proven a dirty coach consistently in the last couple of years. First with all of the Mayo's dilemma and strife that came with it. Then Daniel Hackett having his dad on the sidelines as an assistant coach to make sure he would go to USC. Now Hackett entered the draft and I wouldnt be shocked to see his father not be apart of Floyd's coaching staff. I think by now the NCAA needs to bring the hammer down on Trojan Basketball.

-Charlie.

No comments: