The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All-Star Voting is Getting Ridiculous

There are a few things that piss me off and one of those things is letting the fans vote for the All-Star Game. It just never is a good idea and unfortunately a team that is paving the trend is my Milwaukee Brewers in addition the Manny Ramirez fan club. Granted this is the first ballots that came out but still its pretty annoying. Guys like Ryan Braun deserve to be in the starting lineup and Prince Fielder should back up Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals. Here is what I have a problem with.....

In the National League, Jason Kendall is right now the second catcher for the National League right now, you got to be kidding me. Kendall is batting .211 0 HRs 11 RBIs and Kendall is ahead of guys like Russell Martin (.270, o-20), Ivan Rodriguez (.259 5-21) , and Brian McCann (.313, 5-21) who are all having better years. Rickie Weeks at number two doesnt really bother me because he is having a hell of a year before his wrist injury.

JJ Hardy being the top shortstop isnt right because Hardy is hitting .234 5 HRs 23 RBIs, I like Hardy but he isnt putting up numbers like Hanley Ramirez (.320, 8-20) although in Hardy's defense no one is doing jack shit at shortstop right now.

The big problem for me is Bill Hall. How on earth is a guy who just went 1-28 on a road trip can be second in All-Star votes, you gotta be kidding me. Ryan Zimmerman deserves to start atleast be the backup for sure.

The thing that is cool about all of this is the fan support that this city has for the team. I have always said that the Brewers in Milwaukee are cared about more than the Packers when they are their peak. I think nothing excites this city more than the Crew so I am glad the fans are out voting but just vote the guys that deserve it please..

Then the final aspect about the National League that makes me chuckle is that Manny Ramirez is number four in all-star voting behind Braun, Alfonso Soriano, and Carlos Beltran. What a PR disaster it would be if ManRam is an all-star this year but as Buster Olney said today "its the fan's game and its their choice on who they want in." I think if Manny did end up in the All Star Game, I think he would be advise not to play especially if a guy like Raul Ibanez whose having a career-year at age thirty-seven doesnt get in, he will step aside to let Ibanez play in my opinion.

-Charlie.

No comments: