The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dear Self....

I would like to write a letter to my self right now: Watch the NHL. Why havent you Charlie watched any games throughout yet this postseason?

Here is how I answer... First of all, my roommate got kicked out of the dorms for some ridiculous reasons and the housing department truly screwed him plus me as well. It left me without a television and an Xbox360 for three weeks. Didnt really think nothing of it because I could watch 24, the Office, and most things on ESPN thanks to ESPN360. Well the NBA Playoffs and NHL Playoffs are not on the Internet at all times so that is really screwing me up.

The second thing is I would take the NBA Playoffs over the NHL Playoffs any day of the week personally just because I grew up watching the NBA with my dad and never really the NHL at all. I wrote an article last year about how I re found my love for the NBA therefore I will watch the NBA.

The last thing that brought me to this coming of age was last night Alexander Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, the two best players in the NHL last night faced off against each other in game 2 and they both had hat tricks. That is a phenomenal sporting event that I needed to watch last night but blew it off for other things. I also need to choose a side of the Ovechkin-Crosby debate because it seems like everyone has a favorite. Only a few say Ovechkin and most say Crosby for the reason of Oveckin is too cocky, gets too excited, and is just a punk. The guy practically hit on Rachel Nichols in his ESPN's E-60 interview and says he cant talk about the stuff outside of hockey. How does that not make him the man?

My overall point with all of this is the people I know that like Oveckin usually are guys who do not follow hockey all that closely and like the swagger that he brings to the ice every night. Then the guys that do watch hockey on a consistent basis see Crosby as the role model and everything that is right with hockey.

I havent decided yet but when I sit down hopefully watch Game 3 I will have my mind made up.

-Charlie.

No comments: