The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, May 4, 2009

NBA Western Conference Semifinals Pics

Here they are and I went 2-2 in the West. I really should have went 4-0 if I thought with a brain but as you all know, I am idiot sometimes.

1. Los Angeles Lakers vs. 5. Houston Rockets- Now there is a part of me that feels that the NBA should adopt the NHL rule because if an underdog wins, they should have to go through the gauntlet if they want to win a championship. This is a series that I think will be overhyped and not as exiciting as people probably will want it to be. One of the reasons why is because Kobe Bryant gets up for Ron Artest. He hates Artest for some reason and always wants to prove that he is one of the best offensive player in the game against one of the best defender in the game. I am still not convinced with Yao because now we will see Yao's teeth going up against Pau Gasol-Andrew Bynum who minus game 3 did a pretty good job with Carlos Boozer. Rockets are going to need to have their bench like Kyle Lowery and Von Wafer to have big games almost every game if they want to get ahead at any point in the series. There is a part of me that wants to take L.A. in five but we will go Los Angeles in six.

2. Denver Nuggets vs. 6. Dallas Mavericks- They have already played a game but it really wouldnt have changed my opinion. I have already wrote an article about how much I forgot how clutch Chauncey Billups is in the postseason. Billups can also have a good series with going up against an even older Jason Kidd and Juan Jose Berra whose defense is nowhere near Billups' offense ability. I think the matchup between Kenyon Martin-Dirk Nowitzki will be an awesome matchup with K-Mart refounded defense. The key x-factor will be Josh Howard if he has the series like he did in the first round, the Mavs may be able to push through into the Western Conference Finals. There really isnt a player who can stop Howard on Denver, I mean Melo is a great offensive player although not so much on defense. Bench play will be a big time factor as well. I will take Denver in seven.

On to the East....

-Charlie.



No comments: