The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, May 18, 2009

Here We Go Again

I would like to announce that this is my last article about the Brett Favre saga until he decides to join the Minnesota Vikings because at this point, I am convinced that Favre will be a Viking after today choosing to go under the knife to repair his partially torn bicep and according to the Pioneer Press, Favre will join the Vikings shortly thereafter.

I really wish the Favre story would just go somewhere and die just like last seasons continuous drama. But like last year, thanks to our friends at ESPN, this will be over-hyped throughout the summer and will build up the Packer-Viking match ups next season. There will be questions like will Favre lead the Vikes to the Super Bowl? or Does it make the Vikings worse with Favre? Blah blah blah.

I was listening to 1250 AM here in Milwaukee and they are all convinced that Favre is a Viking plus many listeners including me feel that the intent of Favre is enough to feel disrespected. I mean yes the guy still loves football and wants to play although I cannot fathom how you could just pick it up to play for your ultimate rival throughout your career. Like I have said before, does the sting of what Ted Thompson did run that deep? I just shake my head and wonder.

-Charlie.

No comments: