The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eastern Conference Finals

I am sorry for being late on this but it was the first nice day in Milwaukee so I spent it on the beach instead of being at my computer. But let me tell you I am not surprised that the Magic took the game 1 of this series because the Cavaliers havent played a real team in the playoffs so far and they have had a long lay off. Anyways lets give my overall preview and my opinion still hasnt changed about this series.

Cleveland Cavaliers-
This team hasnt been touched so far and even with the game one lost with a great game by LeBron James dropping 49 points although it still wasnt enough to beat the Magic. The reason because the bench only scored only five points. That is big time trouble for the Cavs and if their bench doesnt score will be the death knell for them. James can drop forty points a game but if the rest of their players dont score will be the death of this team. In addition, LeBron will get the calls that any NBA superstar gets but it was proved tonight that it wasnt enough. Yes Delonte West hits big shots time after time and Mo Williams have been known to step up. But that needs to happen night in and night out in the Eastern Conference Finals if they want to get into the finals. Anderson Varejeo needs to have a good 8-10 points a game and Big Z as well for them to take control. In addition, their front line will need to neutralize Dwight Howard. I do worry that this team hasnt seen competition in three-four weeks is hurting them and Cavs fans can only hope that someone off that bench wakes up in game 2.

Orlando Magic-
We all saw it tonight about what needs to happen in this series for them to be successful and carry Ron Jeremy (hurts me to say this) to the NBA Finals. Dwight Howard has to score in the 20-30 range and take care of the men in the middle. I feel that Howard is overrated because all he can do is dunk the basketball; he has not post moves whatsoever and just muscles his way into the lane.Rashard Lewis is the absolute x-factor because he is four that can bring Varejeo out of the middle and drains threes in his face plus take him off the dribble to the lane. Lewis can be the best player on the court minus LBJ if he can rains threes like tonight. I said this in my game 7 article, Hedo Turkolgu has envoled as a player where he can help out a team and not fold like an origami like the times in Sacramento although that was the overall mantra of the team. The thing I like about the Magic more than any other team in the NBA is they have the tools that can hold the rest of the Cavaliers to nothing when LeBron goes off for forty a game.

I didnt expect Orlando to win tonight but I still think Cleveland wins in six because they have the will power to get this series done. I truly believe that they will blow out the Magic in game 2 and game 3 will be the tell-tale sign of this series. The Cavs need a "Steve Kerr" like player right now and they havent found it. I think they will and get it done. But trust both series will be epic.

-Charlie.

No comments: