The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The NBA Is Fun Again


So last night after I finished all my lovely reading for class, I made an effort to sit down and watch an NBA game. I watch the occasional NBA game but usually not for the entire game just few snippets or the final three minutes for a various amount of reasons.

1. It was not that fun to watch, no one played defense and it was boring to watch an And1 show every night of the week

2. The Milwaukee Bucks could be one of the worst teams to watch if one applies to you and they act like they do not give a damn about playing basketball half of the time so you feel yourself uninspired to watch.

3. They did not have like able guys and had thugs who showboated all of the time.
A lot of their guys are truly like able you cannot help but love Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron James, I do not want to hear of the NBA having an image problem because they are right now the cleanest out of all the top leagues. They have more of the run and gun style of basketball which if you are casual viewer that is the type of basketball that you would like to watch. That is one of the reasons why I wanted to watch the Los Angles Lakers and the Phoenix Suns and just the hype that ESPN built around it I wanted to watch it.
I was pulling for the Lakers because I like Kobe Bryant and I think he is the best player in the NBA right now, not Lebron James, Kobe Bryant. The thing about it is Bryant fails to get the respect that he rightfully deserves. Plus what finger injury? The guy had forty-one points so I do not want to hear the talk that his finger is a legit concern. Pau Gasol really flows with the triangle offense that Phil Jackson runs and really was pulling Shaq outside out the post which was allowing easy baskets. One of the big reasons I think the Lakers will be the favorite out of the West will be the bench depth, their second team had multiple runs in the second and fourth quarters.
I also wanted to see how Shaq did in the Suns offense and he looked respectable plus paved the way for Amare Stoudamire to have a huge night (37 15). He seemed to move around and did not show signs of being out of shape. I think Shaq will help them out somewhat although just I do not see bringing him in resulting in a championship. Also when you look down the Suns bench they are lacking after Leoandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw thats pretty much it you go to the likes of Eric Piatkowski and Brian Skinner.

Oh by the way the Bucks still suck. Sometime maybe at the end of the year I would tell you how I would fix the Bucks.

Possible second post later on today....

If there is something you want to see on here, email me at tritscca@uwec.edu, let me know.

Thanks

Charlie.



No comments: