The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sheed Goes to Beantown

Another big deal went down in the NBA Free Agency on Monday when Rasheed Wallace, one of the most intense players in the National Basketball Association decided to join the Boston Celtics which in my opinion vaulted the C's into being the best team in the Eastern Conference right now.

At first, I was wavering on this deal because I thought the combined intensity of Sheed and Kevin Garnett could become a real problem. But then my buddy Pat changed my mind with this comment last night... "I honestly think Sheed is a smart player and he catches a bad rap due to his technical fouls. Although he seems to bring it day in and day out." That statement completely reversed my opinion on the situation not to mention the stat of Wallace having fourteen consecutive double-digit scoring.

Then you take a gander at the lineup Boston brings out next year and it really blows your mind how good they can be despite the fears of that they all are 30+ (ironic how Boston has two of the oldest teams with New England having guys who could be my grandpa). Anyways, Boston has a great lineup that includes KG-Sheed-Paul Pierce-Ray Allen-Rondo as the starters. Then you got Starbury, Leon Powe, Big Baby Davis, and Kendrick Perkins off the bench making them very deep.

The other thing that people have to realize is Doc Rivers and KG have a way of ensuring that people that get brought in play Celtic-style basketball. They have no issues whatsoever with Stephon Marbury at the end of the season and even with the rumors early on this summer about Rajon Rondo, I feel like the Celtics have control more than most teams.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

EasyE said...

you really think they are gonna start KG at the 5? thats a joke hes gonna get dominated.

Unknown said...

I dont know if thats a bad suggestion at all to be honest. I mean when they face Orlando and Cleveland it wouldnt be a good idea. I think Sheed to start is better than him off the bench.