The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here Comes The Champs...

As I said in the last post, its Fan Week here at Chucks Corner. If you want me to write about something you email me at tritscca@uwec.edu, facebook me at Chuck's Corner, or Tweet me at www.twitter.com/chuckscorner The other alternative is you see me in the fine city of Tosa or the greater Eastside of Milwaukee to tell me what to write about. My friend Votto requested a post about the Phillies (he writes a great blog and now have a live 24 hour video feed too, interview soon to come.)


Anyways he asked me to cover the Philadelphia Phillies and how they have decided to own the rest of the National League East in the last two weeks and to me there are a couple simple reasons why.


1. Jimmy Rollins- One of the best players in the game has been mired in an utter slump the whole season until the Phillies began this hot streak becoming world beaters again. Still only hitting .237 but that is an improvement from July fourth where his average was hovering around the .220s. He is the glue of this team in my opinion and it really becomes a problem when runners get on for Chase Utley and Ryan Howard.


2. We Just Hit Home Runs- While their pitching staff doesnt look that great right now then offense is probably the most potent unit in the big leagues. They have five guys that have over twenty homers which is pretty hard to pitch against. They cant pitch around Utley, Howard, or any of those guys which is completely frighting especially in the later innings of the game.


3. J.A. Happ- To me this is my Rookie of the Year so far in the National League. Happ stepped in right after Brett Myers was lost for the season and he has went 7-1 with about a 4.3 ERA so far this season. If Happ can continue to motor through the second half of the season like the first, the Phils would be in good shape. In addition, there is no way that he will be dealt in the "supposed-Halladay deal."

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mister chuck I will write email for you friend.