The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ron Artest to Cleveland?

I am sorry that the creative juices are not following with creative titles but the last two articles I expect to hear news on by the time I am eating lunch. I also promise something on baseball this weekend because I have ignore it more than Lindsey Lohan with food. On to everyone's favorite sideshow Ron Artest (the link is to his Twitter, its awesome.)

The way I found about Artest bolting was according to "JT the Brick" on Fox Sports Radio claimed that Ronnie tweeted "Goodbye Houston" which is nowhere to be found although I could believe that he might have been told to take that down so who knows. We will keep you updated though.

I would like to begin saying that yours truly made the claim that Artest would be the "perfect fit" in Cleveland (see Lexington I am not a complete buffoon!) with the combination of Artest-LeBron James-Shaq that would any team weary to play the Cavs next season. The two teams they worry about the East would crumble with Shaq dealing with KG/Dwight Howard, Artest dealing with Pierce/Vince Carter would be lethal. This team would be good enough to let Mike Brown coach from a leather couch in the locker room. If Cleveland doesnt get a title in 09 then I really have to wonder if the curse of the city is much worse than we ever could have imagined.

The first thing you have to be impressed with is how good their perimeter defense will be and how much better it will make LeBron on the offense end. He puts in a lot on the defensive side of the ball and with a guy like Artest, he will not need to worry as much. I hate doing this but doesnt this somewhat remind of when the Bulls brought in Dennis Rodman? The multi-colored hair freak show had alot more issues than Ron Artest but still he was surrounded by enough good guys that he only lashed out once resulting in a kick to the balls. Like I said, I feel Artest has completely changed his attitude around and is just now a strange guy (trust me read his Twitter) which is alright by me.

-Charlie.

No comments: