The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mannywood Back in L.A. Look Out NL

I am scared right now. The Los Angeles Dodgers who were the first team to fifty wins get their best player back tomorrow Manny Ramirez from his fifty-game suspension. This deserves the Chuck's Corner special rut roh. I think there is no reason right now without Manny to believe that the Dodgers are the best team in the National League but not its completely crystal clear.

First off look at the lineup the Dodgers trot out everyday as my buddy Doz said to me "Its like an All-Star lineup that really gets forgotten with the others like Boston and New York." Totally true. I really believe that Andre Ethier is one of the more underrated players in todays game and none of us have really took the time to realize how good of a player Ethier is. The only part of his game that needs some fine tuning is working on getting his batting average higher. Other than that, its all gravy. I enjoy Matt Kemp's play and just found out that Joe Torre really isnt a fan which is disappointing. Kemp has the opportunity to be a great 1-2 punch with Ethier in that lineup for years to come.

Now Mannywood is back and ready to get going again which I think will make the Dodgers if healthy a 100 win team this year. The Dodgers will be so feared for the rest of the year with Manny back in that lineup. He will energize the Dodgers way more than I think we even think about. I could see Los Angeles winning like six out of seven right out of the gates with Manny (lets hope not the Brewers play LA next weekend). I think there is no reason to believe that the Dodgers wont be in the NLCS for sure and possibly the World Series.

-Charlie.

No comments: