The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Clippers Make a Good Deal? What the Hell?

I dont know what to make fun of in this article. I thought about making fun of the Los Angeles making a good decision or the General Manager of the Memphis Grizzles Chris Wallace making another awful one. I choose the Clips because I am in the nice mode for awhile. The deal that went down to today was the Clips sent disgruntled, always troubled Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for Quentin Richardson's expiring contract.

The Clippers free up a bunch of money for the 2010 year and now the Michael Wilbon theory about LeBron James being a possibility for Los Angeles with a bunch of young talent and now a bunch of money looks like a complete reality. But the true question is can it really happen? I hate doing the 2010 thing but I have a hard time seeing Kobe-LeBron in the same city. Doesnt seem like the town is big enough but it would bring to life a Clipper fan base like never before. I also like the deal in terms of chemistry, Richardson isnt the greatest teammate but a helluva lot better than Randolph. They now have a very exciting back court with Baron Davis-Richardson-Eric Gordon and will provide some good minutes off the bench.

Oh Chris Wallace....this goes down in the books as another one of your screw ups. I mean it makes sense in terms of not wanting to throw Hasheem Thabeet their second overall pick to the wolves right away but really Randolph? Like I said before this guy isnt a good locker room guy and not someone you want Thabeet to learning life lessons from. In addition, he will not give your fans something to get excited about... Randolph! Gasol er.. Marc! and any other foreign country you can think of! Come cheer on your Grizzlies in 09-10. That being said, I think Randolph will be a complete disaster for Memphis in the long run.

-Charlie.

No comments: