The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Worst Nightmare

This was probably the worst thing I could have ask for today. I was at a Friday Field Trip with my work when I was aware that the St. Louis Cardinals have traded for Matt Holiday. I told my friend Andy who alerted me of the news "I am now going to drown myself in the wave pool, you will not see me again."

As you can see I havent drown myself but seriously this is possibly the worst thing Milwaukee Brewer fans could ask for (it has gotten worse more on that in the next post). They now have protection for Albert Pujols and Holiday has been proven against National League pitching (he went 4 for 5 tonight). Like I said before, this is just a complete disaster for the Brewers and honestly, the St. Louis Cardinals might have pull away from the division with this move.

I dont care that the Houston Astros are hot right now and the Chicago Cubs are starting to get their shit together. This makes the Cards so much better than anyone else in the Central Division. In addition, if St. Louis stays away from injuries to their starting pitching this makes them a legit World Series contender. Put yourself in this situation if you are the closer and you have to face the 1-2-3 part of the Cardinal order now you cannot pitch around Albert because you have Holiday right there. It becomes very scary.

The Cardinals did give up a lot to the Oakland Athletics who once get great in the majors will trade away to New York or Boston. It doesnt matter because at this point, St Louis knew if they got protection for Pujols they could become a complete force.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not so much of a nightmare:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/holliday-time-in-st-louis