The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, July 13, 2009

Brewers Will Be Alright.

At first I was worried about the Crew but after looking at it, I feel that the Brewers will be alright for the second half of the year. There are some people that want to say this team is over/done with and would like the Brewers to become sellers. I dont want to do that therefore I have a couple of suggestions that might help the team improve (then again I am not Ken Macha so who knows if it would all really work)....

1. McGehee at 2B and Gamel 3B- I know I have said this beforeon the blog but I do believe it is the smartest thing for the Brewers to do at this point in the season. Mat Gamel needs to be playing every day almost and Casey McGehee does as well. Craig Counsull has been a true bright spot in the Brewer lineup this year but he was so much better when he was coming up with clutch pinch-hits. I think if he played a couple games a week at second then shift McGehee to third on those days, we could guarantee ourselves that we wouldnt see Bill Hall for about two weeks.

2. Pump Breaks on Pitching Staff- A lot of people want to Brewers to go out and make a deal which I honestly dont see the Brewers having enough pieces to go out to make something happen. I thought that Manny Parra needs Mike Rivera behind the plate and I truly believe he will have a "Dave Bush"-like comeback in the second half. Speaking of Bush, I think now that he has worked the kinks out of his elbow, he should be back to pitching well. I personally believe that Yovani is rattled about the fact he doesnt get run support and that leads to more walks. Yo will be just fine as the second half goes.

3. Find a 8th Inning Guy- My laptop is down for a couple days so I havent churned out the articles like I had earlier this summer therefore I didnt get to explode about Carlos Villanueva this weekend. I am start calling him "Derrick Turnbow 09" just because he just walks guys and just doesnt have the mental mindset. Like Mota last year for awhile, C Villi needs to keep his ass on the bench just like Bill Hall. I think you have to go with Todd Coffey who then should only pitch the 8th. I also dont understand why the Brewers havent explored the idea of putting Mitch Stetter as a guy who can face right/left handers.

4. Cameron, Hart, or Hardy please be consistent- I dont need all of those three to start getting in gear but I am just praying that one of those guys catches complete fire. I think Hardy is the closet one to start hitting the ball and he has a great chance of getting going in the second half.

5. Just win baby- I hate to quote Al Davis (I know Mitchy loves it) but against the scrubs like Washington (8 games) and San Diego (6 games) you have to win those series. Just the series the Brewers are supposed to win, they need to. They can ill-afford to get swept or lose a series to a team like that.

Enjoy the second half.

-Charlie

No comments: