The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, July 3, 2009

Ariza and Artest Trade Places

So earlier in the week I decided to blog the rumors that were going around the NBA and I myself thought that it was a sure thing that Ron Artest was going to Cleveland as did everyone else. I had a bunch of teams listed for Trevor Ariza but I loved the idea of him going to the Houston Rockets. Now we see Artest deciding to play in Los Angeles for the Lakers in where Ariza would play and Ariza will be playing in the place that Artest held court last year.

I think that Artest once again is a great fit for the Lakers because of the versatility that he brings to any team really. I said about Artest with LeBron James that because of his defense he will free up James to do a ton of things on offense and I feel the exact same way with Kobe Bryant. Artest will likely guard the top guy on the wing and Kobe will now guard the second best which would make Kobe's defense that much better. The Lakers have bolted back to the top of the charts with Artest/Kobe combination and now I feel that is inevitable that Lamar Odom will stay a Laker. The lineup of Fisher-Kobe-Artest-Odom-Gasol becomes the best lineup in the NBA right now. In addition, I think Los Angeles' chemistry will not be ruined by Artest because I think he is about right up there with intensity with Kobe which will bring a ton of fire to the Lakers. I really dont think Artest-Bryant will have in-house problems and think it will be a solid relationship.

Now on to Ariza, I said before that I was in favor of the Lakers keeping Ariza and letting Odom go play for someone else personally because of Ariza's young age. I also thought that Houston out of the five that were interested was the best spot for him. He will be the star of the show if Tracy McGrady isnt back in the beginning of the season (I think he should but who knows). The combo of T-Mac and Ariza on the wing isnt a bad 1-2 at all plus having Luis Scola in the middle will help out a ton. Not to forget that Aaron Brooks will be a year older where he is likely to have a break out year. I like the Rockets just as much as last year with those pieces.

-Charlie.

No comments: