The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Prince Saves the All Star for Me.

I have to be honest with all of you here at Chucks Corner. I am done with the All Star game for the most part. I dont know why but I just find no more interest in watching these guys play an exhibition against each other. I found myself bored many times unless Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, or Trevor Hoffman was in the game from my Milwaukee Brewers. Other than that, I really could give a damn about watching Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees shutting the door for the AL who have now won 14 times straight with one magical tie in Milwaukee.

Despite my mean sentiments towards the All Star Week, I still feel it is vital for the MLB to stick with the option of every team gets a player on the roster. I think that is the coolest thing because like I say in the title, Prince really was the only reason to watch throughout the two days.

On Monday at the Home Run Derby, he put on a complete display of his home run hitting abilities by belting blasts around the 450 range and even getting one out 500 feet (Prince claims that the first time he has ever sent one that far). It was sheer strength watching Prince pound the ball into the Busch Stadium lights and beyond. Nelson Cruz was the only guy who came close to touching Prince but if Fielder needed to he probably could have sent five more out in the final round.

Now on Tuesday, I was worried if Prince stepped to the plate, he would attempt to hit another one out but instead ripped an RBI double down the left field line which was the last run for the National League. I hate to criticize managers for an exhibition game but I wish Charlie Manuel would waited to put Prince in for Albert Pujols in the fifth inning. Trever Hoffman looked good in his inning of work and Braun made good contact although went 0-2.

On to the second half... should be fun.

-Charlie.

No comments: