The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Illness Known as Marion is now a Maverick

I believe I told everyone that I felt Marion would be dealt when the Raptors sign Hedo last week and now it comes to fruition. You want to talk about a move that I cannot stand in the NBA off season so far and that would be the deal that sent Shawn Marion to Dallas in a three-team deal. First off lets break down the deal and then I will explain why its pretty much proven with Marion is a bad teammate for whatever reason denounced to man.

The deal goes down like this according to Ric Bucher via Twitter "Here's the deal: Marion/ Kris Humphries/ Greg Buckner to Dallas Devean George/Antoine Wright to Toronto Jerry Stackhouse/ Quincy Douby plus cash to Memphis. I like the deal for Toronto as Bucher said because they free up more cap room and now are able to sign Chris Bosh next year. I will go out on a limb and tell you this, I think Douby could have a break out year in Memphis because he gets an opportunity to actually play watch out for Douby.

This is why I hate this deal for Dallas. It has been proven over and over again that Marion doesnt work with teams. Phoenix, he just didnt seem to work with Nash and he wanted the ball way too much during his time there. Then things do not seem to work in Miami with Wade and then it seemed like his career went to die in Toronto. I mean he hasnt panned out the way he should have; shoots the ball way too much and even though he brings it on defense at times, he seems to give up again. Also the other Marion issue is he seems to react differently to coaches and it takes him awhile to get comfortable there. In addition, a lot like Boston they have become very old all of the sudden... Jason Kidd-Dirk Nowitzki-Josh Howard-Marion-Eric Dampier. Other than Howard, all of those guys are hovering around thirty plus Jason Terry being your first man off the bench. I have a gut feeling this will not work as well as Cuban hopes it does.

-Charlie.

No comments: