The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 9, 2009

BCS Brings the Hammer on the Mountain West

First off all, I would like to welcome back college football to Chucks Corner because it has honestly been awhile. Now I would like to say "Good one BCS, you have won again and now its pretty much looking like it is here to stay for the rest of my life." The Mountain West Conference who has been trying to wiggle their way out of the BCS but now they have signed a deal with the BCS through 2013.

I just give a big sigh of disappointment because its very possible that we are never getting a playoff system in college football. But also what this means is all you people who update their statuses on Facebook/Twitter need to stop bitchin' about "Man I wish College Football had a real playoff!" Who cares at this point, we cannot stop the Bowl Championship Series at least until 2013. That means four more years of watching bowl games where usually there is one controversy that allows us to debate about college football for two weeks and hearing those same people say "This team deserves to be there, why this team here in the first place?!" Just take a step back and realize its the nature of the beast.

Due to all of this, I rest my guns with the BCS for awhile. Might I write an article claiming that the ratings are completely screwed up, likely. But at this point, I feel there is nothing I can be done to reverse this playoff system. I hate to bring my personal life into the blog because then it feels like a real blog but any ways...take for example, I was talking to a man today at work about some electronic device that we didnt have and said "You probably have to go to Best Buy." He started complaining about how bad it was and their service is horrible (his own opinion). I feel that way with the BCS, no matter how many blogs and newspaper write complains about the BCS, it will not change.

You win BCS.

-Charlie.

No comments: