The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Screw Off Pittsburgh

Well here I go taking a swing at another city and I dont really need the backlash that Lexington gave me although I really feel this is needed. I have to be honest the city of Pittsburgh in terms of sports bothers me. I have never been to Pittsburgh therefore I am not going to rip the actual city but there is something about your football especially the baseball team.

I respect the Pittsburgh Steelers for sure. They have built franchises the right way with drafting players and making them into superstars. In addition, they have paved the way for getting minority coaches a chance at getting head coaches spot in the NFL. BUT they always get on the 3:15 spot on CBS/FOX including some NBC/ESPN spots during the year. I mean it gets sickening to see them always on TV and I personally like to watch a variety of teams throughout the year. Also the Pittsburgh Penguins are fine with me with Sid "the Kid" Crosby and I was happy to see them get the title over the vaunted Detroit Red Wings.

Here is where I draw the line: the Pittsburgh Pirates, their players and fans alike are bunch of idiots. First off all, tell me the last time you guys made it to the playoffs (I know we had a long drought to but hey we were there last year!). Then I would like to ask how did you get Sloth from the Goonies(credited to Ron via Brewerfan) aka Jeff Karstens to pitch for your team? In addition why is Karstens such a baby back bitch?

If you are wondering where all this hate is coming from in the 8th inning when Karstens stepped up the plate, Chris Smith like any true American hit Karstens for plunking Ryan Braun in the ribs during April. Karstens wasnt happy and made an attempt to attack Smith until supreme badass Jason Kendall stopped him in his tracks. This led to the bullpens clearing where they discussed their weekends. Also it led to Kendall and Pirates pitching coach John Kerrigan going at it in which Prince Fielder had to drag Kendall from attacking Old Man River. Kendall in the papers today pronounced his name Dave Kerwin even after being told otherwise.

I can understand Pittsburgh being a bit upset but they have lost to the Brewers seventeen straight times before winning last night. The Crew has taken the last 19 of 21 against the Bucos as well. Why do these ass clowns continue to feel that they are the same level as the Brewers. Granted the Crew is not playing good ball and they are one lost away from .500 for the first time in a long while. But this is exactly what the Brewers needed.

They were getting punked and now they been punked by the last place team in the NL Central for the longest time. That should piss them off and the bats should awake with fury for the next couple of weeks. Alot like the Manny Parra/Fielder brawl last year, I hope it sparks a huge run for the Crew and we destroy the Pirate ship these next two days.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.