The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ariza Leaving LA?

I am sure I will have to update the next two posts tomorrow if news comes that either of these players left. But the Los Angeles Lakers wing Trevor Ariza is rumored to be done with Lakers because they are refusing to give him more than the mid-level salary which begins at 5.6 million dollars. I cannot say I disagree with Ariza looking at the suitors he has going for him but I will say this to the Lakers, you could be making a big mistake.

I was on the fence with the question of resigning Ariza or Lamar Odom for the most part although I reminded the Laker fans that Ariza is only twenty-four which means the sky is the limit. While Odom is thirty and a six-year deal means more cavities from the gummy bears plus an aging veteran when he is done. The other interesting aspect is there are rumors flying that the Lakers are interested in Rasheed Wallace which would spell the end of Odom's run in LA (I hate that idea for the Lakers, I couldnt picture Kobe-Sheed working out that well)

In the ESPN article they listed the potential buyers being Cleveland Caviliers, Portland Trail Blazers, Toronto Raptors, Houston Rockets, and Los Angeles Clippers. I think Ariza would fit fine anywhere with the great combination of skills he has but he could really be a threat in Houston where according to what I'm hearing Ron Artest is done there (more to come on that). The other place I like for Ariza is Portland as he immerses into a young talent pool that is on the cusp of winning big and he brings some leadership despite his young age.

We will update Ariza's progress as the day goes on.

-Charlie.

No comments: