The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Release the PED List.

Once again, the mysterious 2003 PED list has struck again. The New York Times have once again reported two more players with that big list of hunderd and three players. Those two were Los Angeles Dodgers' outfielder Manny Ramirez and Boston Red Sox's first baseman David Ortiz. If you forgot, Ortiz was the same guy who called for a one year ban if someone was doing steroids.... rut roh.

I dont really care about Manny because he already has been suspended this year for the PED issue. I mean he did say that this was his only time and he never did it any other times during the other years. But that not has proven to be false. Big Papi is another story for a couple reasons...

a. Like I said before, he was such a big proponent of steroids are a bad thing and they are completely wrong. Ortiz was adamant about getting PED's out of baseball and seemed like one of the good guys. That's why him saying he was shocked by all of this makes a little sense to me because when the list came out they were made aware.

b. He is Boston's sports hero for baseball right now more so than Manny when he was there and trust me when I was down in the Dominican Republic, he was so iconic there as well. Outsiders like me loved Ortiz for his clutch hitting in the playoffs and his happy-go-lucky attitude about the game.

c. Ortiz making claims that he will try to explain all of the details to his fans through the media is an admirable gesture but who knows what we will actually learn from Ortiz. If Big Papi says look I screwed up and took a doctor's advice to help (insert any injury) didnt realize one of the banned substances was in there.

I have said before a million times, it wasnt banned at the time of using therefore why should it really be that big of a deal? I mean I can only imagine what some of these players were thinking "Oh man, this guy is getting such advantage with steroids, I need to get my hands on those." You really dont think that thought went through a lot of guys heads during the fifteen to twenty years.

Just release the list and let all these guys in the Hall of Fame if they deserve it.

-Charlie.

No comments: