The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, June 18, 2009

US Open Predicitions

My personal favorite major the US Open returns tomorrow with four grueling rounds at the monstrous Bethpage Black in New York where Tiger Woods looks to be the first repeat champion in twenty years. Here are my personal top five guys to win.

1. Tiger Woods- I feel wrong not taking that Tiger to win a major but this course has proven its made for a few players in the world, one being Mr. Woods. The main reason I got Woods this weekend is because he hit 87.5 percent of his fairways in the Memorial tournament he won two weeks ago. That is a fourteen percent improvement from the first six tournaments. If I am anyone else that is a big worry spot for me. When Tiger's driver is on point, it seems that the rest of his game follows. I will take Tiger by three strokes.

2. Zach Johnson- Even though he isnt a guy to drive the ball a ton, I think Johnson could give Tiger and the rest of the field a run for the money all weekend. He has seemed to be on target the entire year and has a great shot game unlike most we see in today's game. The other thing Johnson seems to always be good with is his putter. Look for him to be hovering around the leader board.

3. Geoff Ogilvy- This is everyone pick whose not named Tiger and I think its good one. I have always been a fan of Oglivy and he has already proven to have all the tools to win a US Open. The one thing that I like about Oglivy right now is the consistency he has played with all year.

4. Steve Stricker- Maybe this is just my bias from Wisconsin checking in but Stricker could really win this thing if he putts well. He is one of the best from the green and if he makes his presence felt there, he could be breathing down the leader's neck. Or possibly leading the tournament. Stricker needs to make sure that he keeps the ball on the fairway leaving him with birdie putts.

5. An Unknown- I was telling my dad today that its very hard to win your first major at the US Open but it always seem that there is one player who no one really knows that ends up in the last two groups on Sunday. In my opinion, thats the best part of the US Open and I hope you will all sit down to watch an hour or so.

-Charlie.

No comments: