The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Ibanez I Trust

One thing that I hate about blogging is there are always the few that give you a bad name as a whole like the guy today who accused the Philadelphia Phillies slugger Raul Ibanez of using performance-enhancing drugs. It personally makes me sick.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Major League Baseball is when someone has an amazing start everyone and their mother assumes its performance-enhancers. If the MVP Voting ended today, there is no reason to that Ibanez isnt the front-runner hitting .327 20 HRs 55 RBIs.

I dont understand how this idiot can feel that Ibanez is roidin' because they are tested a ridicolus amount of times and he hasnt lost a step even at his older age if you look at years prior. Another huge aspect is that Ibanez is playing the National League for the first time therefore many of these pitchers havent seen Ibanez on a frequent basis. He also has protection such as Ryan Howard and Chase Utley like he never has had in his career.

Ibanez's thoughts via Fanhouse...
I'll come after people who defame or slander me," he said before last night's game against the New York Mets. "It's pathetic and disgusting. There should be some accountability for people who put that out there.I'll put that up against the jobs of anyone who writes this stuff. Make them accountable. There should be more credibility than some 42-year-old blogger typing in his mother's basement. It demeans everything you've done with one stroke of the pen."Nobody is above the testing policy. We've seen that."

I think that last comment made by Ibanez is the one that holds the most truth. No one can slide a quick one past the drug testers and that has been proven frequently. I hope this doesnt phase Ibanez and continues to have a great year.

-Charlie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what makes me sick? People puking. its pretty disgusting