The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Only 30 Days for Killing a Person?

I must say I was shocked to see that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth only got thirty days in jail for his DUI manslaughter charge where he killed a guy in a hit/run incident this past January. Granted, he did get ten years of probation, drug/alchoal testing, and possible life time license suspension. Still I dont feel thats enough punishment for the crime.

If I or any of you that are reading this article would be in jail for a long time for killing somebody while drinking. I remember hearing a guy speak who did do this and he got ten years in jail. Why doesnt Stallworth get the same amount for the crime or at least the same as quarterback Michael Vick. I mean Vick abuses dogs not humans and he got twenty-three months in jail. Commissioner Roger Goodell needs to suspend Stallworth for at least half of the season or even the entire 2009 NFL season. Most people would get in trouble for DUI manslaughter would lose their job and I dont really understand why the NFL is different.

I guess it probably has to do with how much money they make and the ability to get the top-notch lawyers to help people like Stallworth/Marshall/Burress/Vick all out of some sort of situations that could have been a lot worse.

-Charlie.

No comments: