The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Favre and the Vikes a "Done Deal"?

I know we have all been nauseated with the Brett Favre coverage for the second straight summer and I am sure if you watch ESPN, you would know that the Vikings have supposedly suspended their pursuit of the former Green Bay Packer quarterback. I am here today to tell you that is a sham and that Favre is actually very close to signing with the Vikings all they need to do is make a few minor tweaks.

You might ask where are my sources for a pretty large claim? Well I have two and my teachers always told me I needed three to make it credible although I think these two should drive home the point. Jason Wilde, a two-time sports writer of the year for the Wisconsin State Journal confirmed this on the D-List (props to Bailey for introducing me to that sports show, great stuff.) and in his Wiki page, it is know that Wilde/Favre relationship has been up/down at best. The other source is a blog Packer Geeks. Wilde said on the D-List that they must have the same source. They also mention in that article that "Favre's arm is better than it has been in years" and the deal will come out within the next day or two.

I guess I would like to save my full on "piss and vinegar" speech for when Benedict Brett really does sign with the Vikes. It saddens me that it has come to this and I really do believe that this is a bad Hollywood movie playing out in real life. My friend and die-hard BF4 fan Josh asked me yesterday "How many more games do the Vikings win?" and looking at their schedule, I do not see many games that would make a difference if Favre was playing. I will remind everyone again that Favre struggled last year and the year before that in the final five games of the season because simply he was old.

I will sit back and let the rest of the fireworks explode....

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dood the Vikes are gonna be great with brett. Super bowl or bust fo sho. Tavaris Jackson is going to start a cat fighting ring, except no one pays him enough money to buy that many cats.