The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trouble in Beantown?

Sorry people who hate the city of Boston but I am writing another article about a Boston sports team although this one is about the Celtics who supposedly offered the Pistons, Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen and the Celts would get back Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Rodney Stuckney which the Pistons deny right away. This led people in the sports media believing that Boston has problems with Rondo. Boston’s General Manager Danny Ainge vehemently denied that the Celts were interested in dealing Rondo and this was just an Internet rumor.

I look at this “rumored” trade proposal and I wonder why the Pistons didn’t take this deal? Allen comes off the books next year giving them even more money for next year after they release eighteen million this year by getting rid of Allen Iverson. Rondo is going to be a top ten player in the next three years basically giving them a face of the Pistons franchise for the next ten years. I would assume this means that Rasheed Wallace is not coming back to the Pistons therefore General Manager Joe Dumars wanted to make sure that they had a core that could lead Detroit back to the playoffs.

I think there are some chemistry issues there because I think Rondo is a young player who probably is a bit immature and isnt ready to be the top dog in Boston although he can become one of the best players in the next decade. I think the chemistry stems from the fact that I dont believe that Rondo really enjoys getting pushed around by Kevin Garnett. I mean KG is an intense person just watching him on ESPN, I cannot even imagine what he is like as a teammate. When he went down last year, I think Rondo took over the leadership role because he plays point guard which is the quarterback of basketball. Now I am assuming that Ainge worries they will be a divide between the team.

I don’t think Boston is going to move Rondo unless they get a ‘Godfather’ offer where another superstar player is coming to Boston. I think Phoenix may be a possibility with Steve Nash whose rumored to be out in the Valley of the Sun. In addition, I doubt they keep Rondo in the Eastern Conference if they do deal him. I think Rondo will stay a Celtic because of Ray Allen’s contract really. When Allen contract runs out in 2010 that will open up the money to sign Rondo to a long-term deal and make him their face of the franchise. The only thing that would hold back the Celts signing Rondo is if we find out that Rondo was much more of a problem in the locker room with coaches and teammates. Then its inevitable to deal him.

-Charlie.

No comments: