The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Sad Story of Big Papi

I think when the decade is over and people reminsce about baseball, I feel that David Ortiz will be one of the top five players that will always be remember for bringing the Boston Red Sox a world championship. Lets take it to today where it appears that Ortiz might not be in the starting lineup come two weeks if he doesnt produce. He is seeing an eye doctor to see if something is wrong but Big Papi needs to realize that its over big fella.

Now some people will say that he was juicing throughout the 2000s and I hate that accusation about any player during this era because even though many players did take steriods that doesnt mean that every player took a form of roids. I think Ortiz and Red Sox Nation need to realize that most larger players slow down much quicker than ones who stay in shape. I mean look Cecil Fielder, he was guy who was primarly a Designated Hitter throughout his career slowed down very quickly. Same goes for Frank Thomas who I would draw big time comparison in Ortiz because during their prime no player was more feared then the drop off was rather severe. Edgar Martinez was the only player of recent memory as a DH had a consistant career.

Also the Ortiz saga furthers my theory that Prince Fielder will be a Red Sox. I mean it is the perfect place for Fielder to continue his career if he has decided that he no longer wants to be a Brewer. If thats the case, I hope we trade him to get into the loaded farm system of Boston.

-Charlie.

No comments: