The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Greg Jennings: The New Number One in Green Bay

According to a variety of sources, the Green Bay Packers are close to giving an extension to wide receiver Greg Jennings to the sweet tune of ten million dollars. I love Greg Jennings because I knew about him from the start. I remember reading about him before the start of his senior year of college at Western Michigan and when the Packers got him in the second round of the draft, I knew it was a complete steal for Green Bay. As the number two reciever, he became a great player becoming a complete vertical threat making huge plays for the Packers down the stretch. Now it is pretty clear to all of us that Driver will not be a number one anymore and Jennings is reading to take over as the top dog.

The local media is worried about the fact that Jennings isnt a top ten receiver right now therefore he is not worth the money. I disagree while I dont think he isnt in the realm of TO, Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerland; I still believe he will be a superstar in this league. Some are saying that a receiver is not worth the money but I think Jennings can be a top flite receiver come two years.

The one thing that people are forgetting is that Greg Jennings actually works hard and doesnt bitch about starting time basically he isnt a football diva like his other wide out associates. I dont think he will pull an Antonio Freeman where he just decides to mail in the rest of his time at Green Bay when he got his money. I think people are being very arrogant if they dont believe that Jennings is ready to be a number one starter. Yes he is going to draw brand-new double teams this year and better corner backs facing him so he might struggle drawing frustration if he signs this deal. But I go back to his work ethic where he will keep his ass in the video room until Jennings figures out how to become a better wide out.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Jim Schadeberg said...

Totally agree. He probably my favorite Packer. Doesn't piss and moan, and is always ready to put forth his best effort. And to those who don't think he's ready, or is being overpayed, beacause I've heard it to....how can you say that about a who in his second year in the NFL, had 920 yds and 12 td on only 53 rec? And when people said he didn't have enough yards, he followed it up in his third year, last year, with 1292 and 9, and hauled in 80 balls. He's worth that kind of money to me anyday, and I think he is hands down a top ten receiver in the league.