The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Somethin' Brewin?!

One of the biggest Milwaukee Brewer fan forums have made legitimate rumors about the Brewers making another big deal to land a top line pitcher. At this point, everybody is speculating who this pitcher could be and the favorites seem to be... Jake Peavy of San Diego, Cliff Lee of Cleveland, Eric Bedard of Seattle and by pure speculation people are starting to float Mark Buerhle of the Chicago White Sox, and Dan Haren of the Arizona Diamondbacks name around.

Now I know one of the biggest things in the Internet world is not to get wrapped up in trade talk on stupid forums. Although this is the top Brewer site by many people opinions and I asked Ted whose a frequent reader if the guys floating the names out were legit. He said for sure and that like I said before its all rumors.

My reasoning for this article is just to make everyone aware that the possibilities of the Brewers bringing in another pitcher seem like they could happen any day now. Who knows it might not be for another couple of weeks but it could be tomorrow for all we know. I found it very interesting that JJ Hardy wasnt used whatsoever in today's ball game and Corey Hart was only brought in to pinch hit. That to me signals that something may be up here and they want to deal either of those guys.

My personal inclination would like to think that Lee and Bedard are the main ones the Brewers are after because General Manager Doug Melvin has done the most work with the Indians and the GM of the Mariners is our good friend Jack Z (by the way loved Manny Parra). I wouldnt feel great about Bedard for the injury sake and he seems to spell Rich Harden all over again except to the north. Whatever happens, I hope it turns out good.

In Doug I Trust.

-Charlie.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very, very interesting.

I wouldn't read too much into Hart/Hardy sitting yesterday. Macha said after the game Wednesday that he wanted to get some guys a day off.

Now if either of them are out again tonight... things could get zesty.

Anonymous said...

Ted Thompson does not read your blog, nor have you ever spoke to Ted Thompson.

Anonymous said...

woah brain fart. what does ted thompson have to do with the brewers... what ted are you referring to?

Unknown said...

I am referring to Kyle "Ted" Parulski. Aka the Man.

Jim Schadeberg said...

I'd love to get Cliff Lee, but I'm watching him take a no no into the 8th right now, and I think his price tag is going to go up. He's starting to pitch better. Bedard I wouldn't mind, Peavy either. I think it's important that they pick up a top tier pitcher to go down the stretch. Yo is going through his first full year so far, and he's been eating up a lot of innings. Now that Manny is down, who knows if he'll be able to figure it out in time. Bush and Suppan are throwing ok right now, but we really can't count on them down the stretch. Unless they toss Big Red in to the rotation, they're going to need to make a move.