The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Unit Gets 300

Randy Johnson, pitcher for the San Francisco Giants and still the proud owner of the greatest sports mullet of the 1990s received the top pitching milestone of winning three hundred games at the ripe age of forty-five.

I think when I think of my first memories of baseball besides the Milwaukee Brewers, Randy Johnson is right up there. I love the Seattle Mariner teams when it featured him, Alex Rodriguez, and Ken Griffey Jr. He was such an imposing figure back then with that aforementioned mullet and his towering height of 6'9. I think there will never be a guy who has a better fastball-slider combination where he was practically unhittable throughout the late 90s and early 2000s.

Many people believe that there will never be another 300 game winner ever in Major League Baseball due to way pitching is structured these days. I somewhat agree but I feel thats a strong statement because who knows what kind of phenom might come about or a guy like CC Sabathina/Roy Halladay, both complete game machines might be able to pitch until late 30s, early 40s.

-Charlie.

No comments: