The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shaq Decides to Help LeBron Win a Title

I already wrote this article about two weeks ago and it was the same deal that we had heard about originally. I am going to try to take a new angle on this and write about other things that Shaquille O'Neal brings to the table that I havent already mentioned.

I have already said that Shaq now ruins LeBron's legacy because just like Kobe Byrant, and Dwayne Wade he needs a great big man to bail him out to try to win a title. I think that Shaq is the single greatest teammate for the last twenty years due to the double teams he draws and his inside presence. The other thing which is huge is the fact that the Cavs have a player now that can keep up with guys like Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard. With Shaq that means that Cleveland doesnt have to be as concern with the bigs in the top of the Eastern Conference.

Ric Bucher had this on Twitter which I one hundred percent agree with "On Shaq deal: Hedo/Dwight P&R killed them. Shaq never has been good at P&R D. He'll relieve LeBron on O, but they still need 1 more piece." He is referring to pick/roll defense by the way. I think there needs to be another big piece but then you start to worry if the Cavs become to star-loaded. They need another role player not somebody who will demand the ball just a guy who can play defense and do the little things.

Thats why I would suggest Ron Artest. He would be great for Cleveland because of the things I originally mentioned plus there are enough good chemistry guys in this locker room to keep him in line. Now all signs are pointing him to stay with the Houston Rockets but if Danny Ferry pitched him the opportunity of playing with LBJ in addition winning a title I think Artest would want to go there. It seems like he would be the perfect fit.

If the Cleveland Cavaliers do not make the Finals this upcoming year, I can officially say that the city of Cleveland is completely cursed. This becomes their year and maybe their last shot at getting LeBron a title

No comments: