The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, June 29, 2009

Here's to Replacing Hedo...

First off before I get started today, I would like to introduce to a new blog called the Persian Rundown done by friend and one of the first Chuck's Corner supporter Sepher. Check out his article on this very same topic.

When I heard the news that Vince Carter had been traded to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, and Tony Battie, I somewhat shake my head because in my personal opinion and I apologize to Sepi... Vince Carter isnt the same player from five years ago. I think this deal will blow up in Magic's General Manager Otis Smith's face.

I think Carter doesnt have the quickness to get to the lane like he did for a five-year stretch where he could be any player to the lane and now he just seems to enjoy living around the three-point line including his mid-range game. Somewhat thats probably why the Magic feel he can help the team with his three-point shooting and willingness to want the ball in the final two minutes.

I was a big VC fan through the Toronto but I always felt that Carter would try to do too much in addition I feel he still does that. When he gets going, Carter will attempt any shot that looks good to him and that would worry me if I was a Magic fan.

The other issue I have with this deal is Carter is only 6'6 where Hedo Turkologu who he is likely replacing is 6'9 therefore they dont have that intimidating size where all of them minus Dwight Howard could hit the three. I would guess they will go... Nelson-Pietrus-Carter-Lewis-Howard which isnt a bad starting lineup but you also have to remember that Carter has had his problems with injury.

The last thing I will say is I love what the Nets are doing here. They now have Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Lee, and Terrence Williams which is a great young group that no one seems to be talking about. I wouldnt be surprised if they make some noise next year in the East.

-Charlie.

No comments: