The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, June 29, 2009

Brandon Jennings: The Type of Swagger the Bucks Need

I firmly believe that I snuck into the head of Milwaukee Bucks' General Manager John Hammond and figured out the reason why the Bucks decided to take a chance on Brandon Jennings, the top High School player from two years ago and a guy who decided to play over in Europe.... He had the flamboyant, cocky swagger that the Bucks completely lack and they see what it has done for the Milwaukee Brewer fan base therefore they want the same to happen to their NBA team.

I think Jennings will be a good player and he was a guy I didnt have in my top 15 mock draft because I felt that most were down on him due to attitude issues. When I was alerted the Bucks drafted Jennings, I drew up this image in my head more so than anything else. Then I listened to his High School coach Steve Smith of the famed Oak Hill Academy and it really changed my mind about Jennings. Now I feel he is ready to be a starter right out of the gate and will make a big splash with the Bucks.

Some are saying that Jennings cannot shoot but his coach Smith said that is so wrong. He said that "Brandon made fourteen threes for me." Yes the three-point line is a little deeper but still it takes some skill to make that many in a game. I think Jennings can do everything at an above average level and if he just keeps his head on straight, I really feel it will be a great season for the Bucks.

In the Richard Jefferson article, I said that I wanted Ramon Sessions back and Charlie Villanueva wouldnt be bad either although now I wouldnt really be broken up if either guy comes back. Right now I would like the lineup being Jennings-Redd-Mbah Moute-Johnson/CV-Bogut. That would be a pretty solid starting five for the Bucks and if Luke Rindour is around, it wouldnt be a bad idea to spilt some time with Jennings.

-Charlie.

No comments: