The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 23, 2009

What I Learned in the DR; My Defense of the Top Ten

It was an overall relaxing journey to the Dominican Republic. It was a great time and recommend going to any sort of all inclusive around the Caribbean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico, its like a cruise on land. Anyways what I learned....

1. Never go hungover on a boat- I cannot begin to tell you how bad that experience was for me. I had went out the night before going on an all day snorkeling excursion and everything was going fine until I hit the water. I was short of breath and the saltwater was way overwhelming for me. The driver Ronaldo tells me "The rum is better than the salt." Proceeds to make me a drink when I come back and first sip felt like death in a cup. I nearly puked then took a nap, then got lunch which was the revival I needed.

2. Everyone loves the Boston Red Sox- Its a good thing that I am not a Yankee fan or have a general disdain for the Sawks because all the natives could do is talk about David Ortiz. They could care less about Albert Pujols and Manny was a topic of a discussion although no one compared to Big Papi. I was interested to hear that no one brought up Hanley Ramirez at all which is a crime to humanity.

3. Stay away from Rhinos at all costs. I cant really explain the story on here but I just want to thank some small bushes on my back home.

4. Despite what you read earlier this week, Mach didnt communicate me at all but there were alot of topless women on the beach. The European women loved to let it all hang out whether they were skinny, fat, old, or young. It didnt matter, they loved to be topless.

5. Nothing is better than pissing off French people. I really cannot say more but basically we as a family owned the French like Phelps in the summer. It was a fresh memory for them.

Now I would like to thank Mach for doing the blog this past weekend and he really did of a hell of a job. I would also like to defend my top 10 moments which will be frequently updated for all our readers.

-That picture is from Halloween my sophomore year. If anyone is in a gang and I put up a bad gang sign. My apologies, I am dumb white suburban kid.

-Yes I did see the Fray by myself, no bullshit. My friend Matt didnt believe it. I thought it would be an alright experience and this plus OAR were the two acts I wanted to see. So I just went by myself and actually met college girls, lied about my age only to lose them by the beginning of the show. It wasnt my night to say the least although it was a great show.

-Nothing more to say about the Ice Cream Story only that it was a Blue Moon.

-I dont remember falling asleep after my rib experience nor did we eat 60-70. It was close to 40-50 but yes I would like to explain how great my meals were to everyone because they were that good. My parents are to thank for that.

-Minnesota was a great trip but wasnt included was the fact after Doz made into the bars, he made it back only to puke louder than two hippos having sex. I remember this because I woke up from my Gin & Tonic coma. Also the next night, our host passed out on a chair, pissed it, and also had a BBQ chicken pizza slice in his hand too.

-I lost a ton of money on those shirts still looking for it but whenever its worn to a party, its deserving of a high-five.

-I am embarrassed by both videos but I am a dumb suburban white kid like I said before.

-The other two stories hold truth for the most of it. I will say this me and mach put down a DQ Blizzard after the eating experience.

All for now, NCAA Wrap-up will come tomorrow sometime.

-Charlie.

No comments: