The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Papelbon Isnt a Fan of 'Manny Being Manny'

Once again, I am sorry for being slow with my articles but my school work has been unbearable so now that I am on Spring Break now I have time to write some articles.

One of the bigger stories that came out in the past couple of days were the comments of Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon on former teammate Manny Ramirez. The quotes of the Boston Riverdancer....

"It takes 25 guys on a team to win, not 24, and that was blatantly obvious," Papelbon said after the Red Sox' workout at City of Palms Park. "It doesn't matter who you are - you could be Babe Ruth - if you're not in that same cubbyhole with the rest of the guys going to war with you, you're all going to die. That almost happened." Wait there is more so it can make my article longer...
"Once we saw that, we weren't afraid to get rid of him. It's like cancer. That's what he was. Cancer."

Ouch. Strong words from Papelbon for ManRam and of course in classic Manny fashion said that none of this really bothered him and he will move on to focus on baseball. I like both of these players but was it really that bad?

We all had heard that Manny was slowly infecting the Boston locker room and he wanted nothing to do with the Red Sox last season. Its puzzling to me because he seems like a happy go-lucky guy who seems to just go with the flow not be a problem. Maybe I have my head buried in the sand because I like Manny and want to see him do well. Bill Simmons of ESPN and my friend wrote a big article about how Manny completely changed when Scott Boras became his agent so thats the reason why he became this 'cancer'. But according to Papelbon, he isnt the type of guy you want around your clubhouse comparable to a Terrell Owens.

I think we all want to see Boston/New York against Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series this year. I know it is the media frenzy that would be pounded in our head more than any other World Series in the past couple years. Just think about, the hated Manny/the hated Torre vs. the Red Sox or the newly hated Torre/Yankee-hater Manny vs. Yankees. Either would be fantastic.

-Charlie.

No comments: