The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, March 27, 2009

Rut-Roh UConn

I know I am a couple days late on this story but like always, it has been a busy week for me. You already know that I am not that fond of UConn so the Nate Miles story did put a smirk on my face.

If you didnt hear about this then you live under a rock but I will break it down for you via the Hartford Courant... •The relationship between Nate Miles, former student manager-turned-agent Josh Nochimson and UConn. The key is what UConn knew of the Miles-Nochimson relationship. As a alum and former manager, the NCAA considers Nochimson a representative of UConn's athletic interests and can have no involvement in recruiting. Five UConn coaches traded at least 1,565 calls and text messages with Nochimson, including 16 from Jim Calhoun.

Also there have been new reports that Nochimson was present when current UConn Alter Majak was getting recruited at a Kentucky tournament by another UConn assistant. In addition, a surgery Miles had in 2007 claims that Nochimson paid for the surgery. This all means that UConn is in a pile of shit

I dont see how UConn gets out of this one. They violated many recruiting rules and they should be on probation for at least five years plus possibly some tournament implications with money being exchanged like that. Even though Miles was a great player out of high school was a head case with five high schools four different states.

If I am Jim Calhoun, I get out now. You have 800 wins but if all this turns out true, he is just as worse as Jerry Tarkanian. During the BS Report, they were called "UNLV East" so I am right. You just have to step down at this point but knowing the arrogance of Calhoun, he will keep going unless UConn decided to let Calhoun go because thats the right thing to do. Ask him to retire or give him boot. He violated the same rules Kelvin Sampson did so I see no reason to not do the same thing bar him from coaching.

I really hope the Huskies dont win the National Championship because that will be probably the most bittersweet moment in the NCAA.

-Charlie.

No comments: