The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 30, 2009

C Villi Ready to Become Closer?

Well things are starting to get interesting with the Milwaukee Brewers (upcoming preview in the next couple of days). Trevor Hoffman has went on the disabled list with an oblique injury and would make his return on April 11th at best although we know that the disabled list isnt always reliable.

Am I concerned about Hoffman a little bit? Yes, I would say that because I would like to see my 41 year old closer get off to a fresh start instead of beginning the year on the disabled list. On the other hand, I am not in one way shocked that a forty-one year old player would need to go on the disabled list. My overall hope is that this isnt a reoccurring thing that consistently bothers Hoffman during the season.

Now on to the other concern I guess you could call it is if Carlos (C Villi) Villanueva is ready to become a closer even if its just for a week. I have to be honest that I have my reserves because Villanueva has been great when there is no pressure on him but when he does get into some trouble, he can self-implode very quickly. I would like to hope that he has a strong first week propelling his confidence for the rest of the season.

-Charlie.

No comments: