The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 2, 2009

Denver and Cutler Need to Hug It Out

Denver and Jay Cutler are not happy with each other right now. This all stems from the Broncos new regime deciding to shop Jay Cutler in the last weekend.

There are two things that I will draw out of this, the first one is that Jay Cutler is acting like a baby right now. He is going "aw shucks, I am hurt by all of this talk about Denver not wanting me to play for their team anymore." Heres the deal Cutler you looked soft when Phillip Rivers punked your ass two years ago, granted it made Rivers look like a tool to most of us but still he had the confidence you want in a quarterback. I like Cutler's skill set as a quarterback and does some really nice things out on the field. But I really question his leadership ability and needs to be more assertive if he wants to succeed.

That leads to my next point which is Josh McDaniels was trying to make a big statement by saying well Cutler hasnt got it done for us in the past couple of years so we are going to listen to offers to see if anyone is interested. Which there was some interest in Tampa where there were rumors of a 1st and 3rd rounder offered for Cutler but according to Mike Lombardi of Pro Football Post via the BS Report the trigger wasnt pulled fast enough. This culminates in an awkward stage comparable to waking up with a three when you thought she was an eight.

Washington has been to me the most confusing team so far in the free agent season but Denver is a close second. I dont get the Brian Dawkins deal which I stated earlier and picking up guys like Jabar Gaffney/JJ Arrington really wont do much for their team with Oakland and Kansas City both making themselves better.

-Charlie.

No comments: