The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Elite Eight Wrap Up

Once again, I am sorry for not getting predictions out the last two days because my computer decided to die on me Saturday afternoon but I watched all of the games for the most part so I will dissect them.

UConn 82 Missouri 75- This game was back and forth all game long although the Huskies should their teeth by defeating the Tigers. UConn struggled with the press defense of Missouri who frustrated them the entire game and the Tigers virtually shut down A.J. Price. But this game was a coming-out party for the former McDonald All-American Kemba Walker who dropped 17 and could prove to be very big for the Huskies on Saturday night. Hasheem Thabeet once again had huge blocks but really nothing impressive on the offensive end. Dont get me wrong I like Blake Griffin but people go nuts for a simple dunk by Griffin; I feel they do the same way when Thabeet gets a block.


Villanova 78 Pittsburgh 76- This was an awful decision made by Eric and I last night. Both of us had already ate but the Chinese Buffet named Jade Garden was calling our name. But as the basketball Gods held out for us to see the final shot only to have Brett lock us out before it, I was just livid. From what I heard on the radio, Dwayne Anderson for Nova was the difference maker and Levance Fields was once-again clutch for the Panthers. Good for coach Jay Wright whose had some really good teams in the past and this wasnt his best squad although its the only one on the Final Four.

Michigan State 64 Louisville 52- I am shocked and stunned my good friend Dozer who hates the Big East and loves the Big Ten, I didnt get a text message about how the Big Ten's best beat the Big East's best today handily. Terrence Williams proved why he isnt a top-tier player as the Spartans put a big body on him. The Cardinals havent had a bad game since Notre Dame thirty point beating and today was their next one. Goran Suton 17 points in the first half plus three from behind the arc was demoralizing as anything for the Cardinals. Durrell Summers' three point shooting also had alot to do with the win today.

North Carolina 72 Oklahoma 60- This was the matchup I was excited for all season long and it sucked worse than the second Dumb and Dumber. North Carolina goes wire-to-wire after starting off the game 7-0. Blake Griffin was allowed to have a typical game with 23 points and 16 rebounds but no one else on his team stepped up. Austin Johnson, Tony Crocker, and Willie Warren (minus four minutes) didnt step up the whole game. In addition, once again no one had a guard to keep up with Ty Lawson. I think I said it before the Gonzaga game that the reason North Carolina wins is because their bench is so deep. Danny Green was also the reason they had an eleven point lead going into the half with 14 points in the first half.

I will cover the Final Four probably Thursday with a wrap-up Sunday and an overall season wrap-up Tuesday/Wednesday.

-Charlie.

No comments: