The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Final Four and Champion

My Final Four- My picks for the final four are as follows, Lousville playing UCONN, and Duke playing Oklahoma. All of these teams have been hot. Ever since Duke put Scheyer at the point they have been nearly unstoppable. Louisville is just dominating every one in its path with a combo of sheer strength inside with Samuels and Clark, as well as the outside shooting of McGee and Tosa's own Jerry Smith. Terrence Williams has done everything for that team, and has been carrying them on his back the whole way. With an experienced coach like Calhoun at the helm, I think UCONN will be prepared to handle anyone that is in their way. Lastly Oklahoma, with a healthy Blake Griffin, they have returned to their early season form, which is dominant.

My Champion- I think that the championship will be between Louisville and the Dukies. It could just be my Duke bias, but I think that Oklahoma relies too heavily on Blake sometimes, leaving the door open for Duke to take advantage in that matchup. Louisville has already played UCONN before, so they know how to handle Thabeet and company.

In the end, I feel that Louisville just has way too much strength for Duke to handle. If Duke doesnt have an insane shooting night, they will not even be close to win. And unfortunately for Duke, Louisville has been playing some of the best shut-down defense in the NCAA. So in the end it will be more of a defensive battle, with Louisville winning 74-63, only winning by 11 becuase of making freethrows down the stretch.

Whew, that was a long first post and I am absolutely beat. Now it is off to do a Comm. paper, I will give my Marquette preview most likely Tuesday because I have a busy day Monday.

Enjoy, and Happy Fricken March Madness to all

No comments: