The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Picks

Well I am making it a goal to actually make it through the games tonight and not pass out early like last night. I was surprised to see how Missouri played last night and the three Big East schools won flexing their muscle.

MIDWEST:
(1) Louisville vs. (12) Arizona- I think this game is going to be a lot better than people expect it to be. Arizona was a team that underachieved all year and have picked the right time to find their step. I like how they matchup with the Cardinals tonight and the big factor will be if Chase Bundiger can stop Terrence Williams. I am not a huge fan of Williams but I guess I have to give him credit for his play in the recent weeks, it seems like no one can stop him. Jordan Hill vs. Samardo Samuels will be another key match up in the game. Edgar Sosa always seems to come up clutch in big games so look out for him. I think the run for Arizona ends tonight because I think Louisville is too tough for them to keep up with. LOUIS 79-75

(2) Michigan State vs. (3) Kansas- This game is a rematch from earlier on this season where in the previous matchup, the Spartans got the best of the Jayhawks in Breslin. This is a new Kansas team though with the improved play of Cole Aldrich. I watched Michigan State on Sunday and I never realized how smooth their offense runs plus Kalin Lucus is an absolute stud for them. I think a key factor will be if the Jayhawks can find a third scorer because if not, it could be a long night. I think the Spartans are too much for Kansas tonight with good play from Lucus, Goran Suton, and Travis Walton. MSU 69-63

SOUTH
(1) North Carolina vs. (4) Gonzaga- This game has interested me more in the past couple of days because I feel like the Zags have the formula to beat North Carolina if they put their best effort. Jeremy Pargo can keep up with Ty Lawson and Josh Heytvelt can neutralize Tyler Hansbrough. Although when it comes down to it, the bench of North Carolina is the reason they are going to win this game with the improved play of Ed Davis and others. It will be close but the Tar Heels pull it out. UNC 84-78

(2) Oklahoma vs. (3) Syracuse- The best game of the night by far. Both teams matchup so well with each other, it will be hard to pick a winner. The question of the night will be if Arinze Onuaku and Rick Jackson will be able to neutralize Blake Griffin. On the outside, I think Johnny Flynn can contain Willie Warren but I would watch out for Austin Johnson when he is on, its lights out for other teams. The same could be said about Andy Rautins. Look for a close battle with the Orange coming out victoriously. CUSE 86-83

-Charlie.

No comments: