The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Misstep To End the Year

Picture this... You have been on vacation out of the United States and barely watch the games, just keeping yourself above water by looking at the bottom line. Find out Friday after a long day of getting owned by a Jeep Wrangler, your team won by one and theres a chance the basketball Gods could bless me by watching their game on Sunday when you travel back to Wisconsin.

This happened to me as I was able to watch the final two minutes as Marquette lose by four against the Missouri Tigers at the Miami Airport in a Chili.. I have been telling people all week that I am not sure if the basketball Gods hate me or they wanted to provide me closure as this was the last game we all get to see the Big Three together.

So there we have it another Marquette season ends in serious depression by Lazar Hayward stepping over the in-bounds line causing Marquette the game. Thats not to say that if MU gets the ball, they score to send into overtime or win it yet it is still an awful way to end the season.


Unfortunately for Hayward, this will be the highlight every televised Marquette game shows. The announcers and fans both will bring up this event all next year which will get tiring. In some aspects, I am glad its a guy who has a year left of school therefore he can redeem himself next year.

But finally, I would like to say thank you to the Big Three. I felt like Marquette was an NBA team with Dominic James, Jerel McNeal, and Wesley Matthews being there for all four years. Its mind-blowing to me that, the Big Three never got to the Sweet 16 which to me is just heartbreaking for all of them. I wish them all the best in the NBA and hope they all get drafted. All playoff teams should realize that Jerel McNeal would be a great addition for their team.

-Charlie.

No comments: