The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So Long Solomon

A lot of baseball stories came out today and one of them was the retirement of Solomon Torres which to me was very sad as he was a complete class act and a vetern leader of the Brewers last year but the more I thought about it, it should have been expected by all of us. Torres thought about retiring before this season and then he had one of his best seasons of his career so I see no reason why he wouldnt want to retire on top. But I just want to thank him for being a vital part of the Brewers Wild Card run this year.

I think that it is time for the Brewers to go with the Big Red Nasty, Ryan Bailey's older brother.... Seth McClung. I am a huge fan of Big Red being the closer for next year's team because I believe he has the killer instinct to be a closer plus he has a "I dont give a shit who you are" attitude which is big when you are a closer.

What about Trevor Hoffman you ask? Well if you have been following the off-season, the Padres have decided to get rid of Hoffman because he would not take a pay-cut which to me is crazy for many reasons but would the Brewers want to go down this road again? I dont foresee them doing it but you never know with Doug Melvin.

-Charlie.

3 comments:

Patrick Luce said...

chuck i like the post and the idea behind it but you should spell check Mr. Torres' first name. I believe it is supposed to be Solomon.

Patrick Luce said...

or was Soloman a play on words?

Unknown said...

Haha I wish I could say I was that clever but no, I just didnt use my spell-checker. Thanks buddy.