The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Michael Crabtree Equals Monster

First off before we get started on how I am fully on the Michael Crabtree bandwagon, let me give a shout-out to my boy Pat who has a new blog out that has a great breakdown of the Packer game this weekend. Also my buddy Seth will be picking against me in NCAA Football so that should be entertaining, those will be up by Wednesday as well as the NFL ones by Thursday.

Now onto Mr. Crabtree... There are guys who I have completely fall in love with in college football see Brady Quinn, Mike Williams, Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush just to name a few in the last couple of years but this year espically after the Texas-Texas Tech game, its Michael Crabtree. Bring me to the point of this is the only Red Raider team I'd ever cheer for, haha.

In case, you missed the greatest game of the college football season last night. The Fightin Colt McCoys (Texas) led them all the way down the field to complete a 22-3, comeback and take their first lead of the game up 33-32 with a minute thirty left. Way too much time for Graham Harrell and Crabtree as they take it down the field as they were in FG range with .15 left to go.

Harrell gets a passed tipped to a true freshman who my friend Brett said "If Texas Tech wins, they might as well leave him in Lubbock." I know most of Austin was thinking the damn same thing. The next play with .08 left, it is a deep out route to my boy Crabtree where he catches it over two defenders and tiptoes his way for the score. It was phenomenal and I loved every minute of it.

Now maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg of great games since it is November where the BCS changes every week but let me tell you Crabtree and the Red Raiders set the bar pretty damn high.

-Charlie.

No comments: