The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, November 23, 2008

College Basketball Games of the Week

Oh yeah by the way I missed the Phille-Baltimore game, looks thats becoming a regular thing in the NFL picks. I would of picked Baltimore but I wouldnt of predicted Donovan McNabb getting benched. Now this will be a regular thing, picking games for the week and starting next week, I will have picks of the weekend (Saturday-Sunday) for the Top 25.

Monday-Wednesday: The Maui Invitnational: Teams involved- 1. North Carolina, 8. Notre Dame 9. Texas as well as others. I think you see Carolina playing Texas in the finals although Haragoody versus Hansbrough would be as physical as most football games. The Tar Heels will win it though.

CBE Classic: Syracuse vs. 19. Florida, Washington vs. 24. Kansas- (Winners advance)- I think the Orange-Gator game will be intense and down to the wire. Calthes vs. Devendorf should be a good matchup. And the Huskies still have Jon Brockman but the Jayhawks are basically at home in Kansas City look for the Jayhawks to win it playing Cuse in the Finals.

Paradise Jam final between 2. Connecticut vs. 23. Wisconsin- This one all matters on once again if the Badgers can control the pace of the game, they can keep it close with the Huskies. I dont know though if the young big men of UW can keep up with Jeff Adrian and Haseem Thabeet all game but it should definitely test them for the games down the road.

Preseason NIT: Boston College vs. 10. Purdue, UAB vs. 14. Oklahoma- Both games are pretty good as the Eagles suffered a tough lost to St. Louis in the past couple of days but shouldnt be overlooked with Tyreese Rice and Rakim Sanders. UAB is always a pesky team but I dont think anyone in this tournament will be able to hold Blake Griffin and he will lead the Sooners to the title.

Old Spice Classic featuring 7. Michigan State 11. Gonzaga 13. Tennessee, 18. Georgetown- Talk about a great tournament, this is right up there with the Maui and could be better this year. I think all four could win it but I think Gonzaga is the team that will come out victorious, I like what they have inside/out. We can only hope for a repeat of 05 Michigan State vs. Gonzaga.

76 Classic featuring 15. Arizona State 25. Wake Forest- My buddy Danny thinks the Demon Deacons are going to win the ACC and granted I dont agree, they could really show something if they win this tournament which I think they will do. But beware of St. Mary's whose also in the tournament.

6. Pittsburgh vs. Texas Tech- That should be a good game with the Red Raiders playing as much defense as their football team allowing 114 to a DII team. But I think it will be a good test for Pat Knight although look for Pitt to pull away late.

No comments: